Mac OSx Leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deanops, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. deanops macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1
    In a promotion here in Australia, apple is offereing a ipod and mac combination for education users at a low price. Now, the promotion ends on the 16th of April, which is in the middle of Ameriacan spring time, and as leopard is predicted for this time do you think that it will be after this promotion when leopard comes out?? I want to take advantage of this offer but i don't know if i want to buy now and miss the leopard os for free (and iLife 07)

    Please give me your thoughts on this, and whether i should buy my iMac 17in 2.0gh sooner rather than later

    thanks, dean
     
  2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

    xUKHCx

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2006
    Location:
    The Kop
    #2
    If you don't need a new computer now then i would say wait until nearly the end of the promotion.

    Check the small print of the rebate coupon, it will specify what hardware you can actually use in this offer.

    If you do wait and they alter the hardware i would phone them up straight away and see if the new hardware will be covered, then decide which one to buy.
     
  3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

    emptyCup

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    #3
    Apple usually runs a promotion like this before the school year starts. I don't know when the school year starts in Australia. However any new models released at the WWDC usually don't qualify for the laptop+iPod deal. You will get Leopard if a for-sale date is announced within 2 weeks of your purchase.

    You need to decide if you need the computer now, and whether the laptop+iPod deal (plus buying Leopard and iLife) is better than the laptop+Leopard+iLife deal (plus buying an iPod). You also need to decide how you would feel if you bought now and new models came out in April. If you do not need to buy now waiting until the beginning of April couldn't hurt.
     
  4. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4
    You're right with the new school year, it starts very soon. I already have a 20gb iPod and in no desperate need for a new one. I figuered i would sell it and gain another $200 to bring the iMac down to $1450Aud and from $1850 that sounds pretty good. My windoze pc is solidering on and despite a few hiccups it could make it through for its fifth year. I'm lost!
     
  5. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2007
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #5
    Already done that, got to the point of ordering and then i stumbled across macrumors and since then i have postponed my order. I may aswell wait till the end of the promotion, save a little more and get the 20in iMac... that may be a better option... what do you think?
     

Share This Page