Mac OSX Sightings (Sept. 2003)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TEG, Sep 12, 2003.

1. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    As a continuation of my ABC/OSX/HP thread

I like to know where in print, web, or TV/Movies you have seen OSX (or even OS9). Especially I like to hear those places where it shouldn't be. Like those Radioshack Compaq ads with OSX on the screen.

BET's 106 & Park - Often uses a shot from inside a cube made up of IE for OSX windows. as mentioned on my other thread, ads for news on demand with the OSX Skittles.

KOMO-TV/DT and KATU-TV/DT, the Fisher Comm. owned ABC affiates for Seattle and Portland, OR (Respetively) often use images from a modifed IE for OSX and OS9. Also KOMO uses a small blurb to check out for news updates and uses Netscape2/3/4 for OS9 with its buttons in stead of a bookmark bar. The stramgest thing is that the only computers you see on screen are VIAO Laptops or PC Towers.

CSI:/CSI: Miami - Use a themed version of OSX. With black and grey instead of the traditional white and grey.

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jun 23, 2003
    St Augustine, FL
    I see OS 9 or OS X all the time whenever I read any magazine (Wired, Newsweek, Business Week, any magazine at the Dentist, etc). All screen shots usually are of OS X, but who can blame them, XP/Windows just looks ugly in comparison.
  3. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2003
    London, Ontario
    Sexcetera on Playboy TV has a grape iMac that has IE windows up on it all the time in the background.
  4. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    America's Test Kitchen (on PBS) uses an iMac w/ OS X. They were running IE of course though. No Safari.
  5. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    An article in the most recent 'Smart Money' had a small snippet on a cook who uses an iPod while he cooks. He also has a 17" iMac at home, several G4 towers and uses Macs at his restaurant. Apparently People magazine voted him as one of the 100 most sexy men (or something like that.)