Mac -> Palm -> Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sanford, Dec 5, 2005.

1. sanford macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2003
    Dallas, USA
    Take a look at this scenario:

I have a Nokia 6101 phone without Bluetooth, but with irda (infrared). Bluetooth on my PowerBook, and a Palm Tungsten T3 with both Bluetooth and irda. I want to copy for use as a ringtone an mp3 from my Mac via Bluetooth to my Palm and then via irda to the Nokia 6101. Right now, I have no SD card for my Palm, so I can only zap mp3s to it via Bluetooth, play them once, but it won't store them. With an SD card I can store them, and, I would hope, "beam" them via irda to the Nokia 6101. What I want to know is, does anyone think this will work if I going ahead and buy the SD card: Will I be able to beam small mp3s from the SD card in the Palm to the phone?

(I don't have full Web service on the phone, so I can't just upload the mp3s somewhere and then download them with the phone. I really need to be able to do it this somewhat circuitous way.)
  2. moonislune macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2005
    I have the 6101

I don't think this is gonna work. I didn't even know you could beam ringtones. If you have access to a Winblows pc, install the 6101 software and get a usb data cable off of ebay for $10. That will work.