1. TheConArtist macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a palm pilot and was dissapointed with mac compatability. The included pim software was a poorly ported OS 9 product that sucked. isynch compatability was dubious at best. The ipod displays my info well, but I need a way to input data on the road.

any suggestions?

I just heard of the royal ez view 5
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000620052783/

no idea about mac compatability....

2. aboutthat macrumors regular

Hoping I don't get shot for saying this, but I use a Pocket PC device I picked up for cheap from Dell (refurb Axim with wireless internet/BT for about $180). I've always preferred that OS to Palm, even tried out a Palm device for a few days before hating it and returning it back to the store and ordering my Axim. The syncronization is occasionally funky using PocketMac Pro, but for the most part, it gets the job done. Plus, wireless internet at all times is just a nice geek feature to have around ;)

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

?? Palm Destop software v4.2.1 is OS X compatible. My T3 syncs up via BT on my PowerBook fine, and before that it worked via the USB cradle on my iMac G4 via 10.2.

What version of Palm software are you using?

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i use a palm zire 72 and isync via bluetooth. no problems here. i never use the palm desktop thing. ical, adressbook sync just fine. documents to go is o.k.. and the adobe pdf reader also works fine for me. where exactly do you have compatibility problems?

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I've never had problems syncing my Tungsten (palm) with my Macs.

I'm on the opposite. I've always used Palm devices and recently got an HP Pocket PC and cannot stand it. I keep waiting for it to blue screen on me. I feel dirty just touching the Start menu.

6. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

What model Palm did you get?
    What version of the Palm Desktop software are you running?

As was stated above, there IS palm desktop support for Mac OS X.
    I use a Palm Tungsten E2 and am able to sync via bluetooth with both my PowerBook and iMac.
    In addition, the Palm tech support has generally been knowledgeable about Macs and able to help troubleshoot when asked.

7. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

I sync my Tungsten T (original model) to Microsoft Entourage, the email/pim/calendar program in MS Office 2004.

8. aboutthat macrumors regular

Not gonna lie, there is a part of me that hates anything that comes from the dark side (what kind of a mac user would I be other wise?) But I've always just preferred the calendar layout/functionality in Pocket PC vs. Palm for some reason. I tried, but it just didn't click with me. So, I'll suck it up for now until Apple comes out with a decent handheld and i have money someday...

9. mkubal macrumors 6502a

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.php

This program has been mentioned on the forums a few times. I'm not sure how well it works being that I don't have a Palm, or PDA for that matter, but I'm sure someone here will shoot the idea down if the program sucks. Worth a look though.