.Mac & Phone Numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SilentPanda, Sep 21, 2004.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

In Address Book on my iBook I have it set to keep the phone numbers formatted (xxx) xxx-xxxx. However when I put them into my .Mac address book (via webmail) I sometimes put them in... xxxxxxxxxx or xxx xxxxxxx or whatever...

They get reformatted in my iBooks address book but never on my .Mac address book...

I guess I can understand this but... is there anyway to get them all formatted the same... on one hand it doesn't really matter... but... ya know... it just... should be the same. Didn't know if I was overlooking something.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Maybe if you sync your iBook and .Mac using iSync, and tell it to use information from your iBook if there's a conflict will get it sorted out? For the ones you entered only on .Mac, you may have to sync twice before everything's the way you want it.

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That makes sense... maybe I'll have to try that when I get home... sometimes I just don't think of these things!

4. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Well I tried it and... it doesn't work... most likely it stores it in various formats and simply just displays it in Address Book however I tell it to display it. Oh well... at least I didn't lose any contacts.