Mac Plus 03FFFF Error

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by harlleysathler, Oct 26, 2003.

1. harlleysathler macrumors member

Oct 26, 2003

I have a Mac Plus with 2,5 Mb of RAM and it shows the folowing error when I turn it on:

(A Sad Mac Appears)

After look at web, I found this error is a problem with the memory banks, but I changed all the four banks and the some error appears to me... :confused:

Some body can help me?

Harlley Sathler
  2. alset macrumors 65816

Nov 9, 2002
    East Bay, CA
    Re: Mac Plus 03FFFF Error

I'd say check a copy of MacSecrets at your local bookstore. They have a long list of info on every model Mac ever made, plus error codes. That might not be much help, I know, but it's a place to start.

Good luck!
  3. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2002
    It's definitely a hardware problem...the sad mac is only generated when something fails its startup hardware check.

The 3 at the start of the code indicates that it indeed an error in the memory. However the FFFF doesn't give a location for the bad memory, and therefore probably means that its not actually the memory itself, and probably a problem in the logic board itself, or possibly damaged ram slots
  4. jamall macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2003
    Canberra, Australia
    It's possible that a capacitor has burnt out somewhere on the board. Get a torch and look at all the components for scorch marks. If you're lucky you'll be able to see an obviously damaged part and replace it with an off-the-shelf part for a few bucks