.Mac Podcast Pack - what's in it?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AviationFan, Feb 9, 2007.

1. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

I just happened to find a link to free .Mac Podcast Packs on Apple's .Mac area. Being excited about another set of jingles (in addition to what I am used to from working with Final Cut Studio applications) I looked at a couple of examples, but at least at first glance, they don't seem to contain any jingles that I didn't already have installed on my computer.

Does anyone here happen to know what's new about the .Mac Podcast Packs that are now being offered to .Mac members?

Thanks,
    Martin

2. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

im a member but i dunno where to get this pack??

3. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

It looks like it's about 800MB of jingles you can use in Garageband as intro or background music for your podcast. Pretty nifty.

4. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

5. AviationFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

I found an announcement when I was at www.mac.com, to check my e-mail while away from home. When I got back home and tried to find the announcement again, I couldn't find it at first - but a few reloads of www.mac.com brought up the right banner with the link to those files again.

I have since then found where exactly the installer has stored the new loops on my computer. They are in fact new files, even though a lot of them are just longer versions (around 60 seconds a piece) of shorter jingles that were already provided with iLife or Final Cut Studio. Certainly not bad given that they are free for .mac members!

- Martin

6. Slider10 macrumors newbie

Does anyone still have these addons? I moved to a new mac and lost my original downloads and MobileMe doesn't offer those packs any more.