Mac Port of Liero/NiL ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Earendil, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I am looking for one of two things.
    Either a Mac port of the Windows/DOS game called "Liero", or more likely, a port of the same game under the title "NiL" for Linux.

That, or someone that wants to port the Linux game over to OSX :D

The game, for those that might now know it by name, is similar to worms, except it's real time, and can be battled out between 2 people using one computer. The game takes the form of two worms (or slugs) that have a huge array of insanely fun weapons, and are allowed to duke it out on a 2D playing field with tunnels in dirt. Though tunnels quickly becomes massive caverns as all the dirt is blown away by the fight :D

I've spent hours searching for a Mac port, but haven't come up with one, at least not one named "Liero" or "NiL". But I hope someone may be able to match what I'm talking about, to a Mac game by another name.

If anyone would like to port this low pixel highly addictive game to OSX, please do so! One of the guys that did a Linux clone said he could port his code real easy if only he had a Mac to use. Maybe one of the mac users in the community could port it?

Thanks for any input,
    Tyler

2. ollywilson2003 macrumors member

I remember Liero! That game was awesome, until its stopped working with XP. An OS X port would be great!

3. Earendil thread starter macrumors 68000

Earendil

Good to see someone out there remembers!
    No comments on being able to port it though, aye?
    Shucks...

Anyone else?

Tyler
    Earendil