Mac Pro and Apple nano rebate...anyone qualify?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chupa Chupa, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My rebate for the nano promotion just got denied b/c Apple's fulfilment co. said the mac pro did not qualify (yes, I know it says it does on the rebate form). Anyone else here either get denied or approved with a Mac Pro?

Right now they are "investigating," whatever that means. I'm pretty steamed. I'll get it worked out but not after wasting lots of time.

2. Zeke macrumors 6502

I submitted online and it went through (just have to send in the UPC's). If it wasn't eligible I would expect it would tell you so then (since it confirms eligibility).

3. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Having gotten nothing done sucessfully via Apple's stupid fulfilment company I decided to call up Apple customer service direct. The Apple rep called the fulfilment co. direct and got everything cleared up.

The fulfilment co is a bunch of maroons. I filed my rebate online and then sent in all the UPCs. I'm very meticulous when I sent in rebates because I know the workers their handly thousands a day. Seems odd they could screw up this bad since all the relevent info was available to them with a bar code scan. This is why I hate rebates.

Anyway, if anyone has trouble with their rebate just call Apple direct. Don't waste your time with the fulfilment co.

4. Macnick macrumors newbie

My claim was denied too.

Here is a link to a PDF on the Apple website that lists the qualifying products. The Mac Pro IS on this list! For those who got denied, use this as evidence against them to give you your rebate.

http://images.apple.com/backtoschool/rebate.pdf#search="apple "major in mac" "rebate form""

I've been on several calls to various Apple customer support numbers today (and still on hold with their Customer Relations department) and will let you guys know what happens.

5. Macnick macrumors newbie

After spending all morning (literally an hour and twenty minutes with Apple Customer Support, and another two hours with the rebate department), they said that because my unit was built to order (I just added Bluetooth to it), something was screwy in their systems. Janet from customer relations called the rebate people (Laurie) and Laurie said she would send it up to her supervisor, and that I should check back within 3-5 business days. They still said there is no guarantee it will be approved, but Janet said "I don't see why they wouldn't, since it should qualify".

So we'll see when I call them on Thursday or Friday.

6. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

Hey, things happen. Looks like Apple is going to look at it and fix it for you. Thats pretty good customer support if you ask me. That is, provided they don't yank your chain any more and deny it a second time.

7. tanlin macrumors newbie

re re rebate problems

Hi I had the same problem. I orderd an imac and a nano and a printer

and was hoping to get a rebate

I got the printer rebate and then a letter saying the 17inch imac was a model didn't qualifyfor the 179 rebate on the nano

I called back and got bounced around. the Fulifillment 8-00 number is useless but then got directed directly to APple

it turns out the 17 inch model that I bouught was a different model than the one when first introduced at the beginning of the promotion. And thus did not qualify technically.

But I said no one told me this and the website leads you to believe the imac will qualify

The cs rep agreed and even said it has happened to a bunch of other other people. She offered me $150 credit at the apple store but I said I would like a refund in cash for the nano I had already purchased.

SHe agreed and put me on hold then called I presume another supervisor.

after 10 minutes she sd she couldn't get the supervisor to approve but that it was being investigated but that she thought they wd rule in my favor and that she would lobby on my behalf. I got a case number and was told to wait two weeks. She said she would call me as soon as she heard anything.

She was Very nice.

I just hope I get the rebate.

Will repost in two weeks when I hear yes or no.

Be persistent. and call the 800275-2273 number and ask for customer relations. Do not talk to anyone else

and get a case number as soon as you begin your inquiries.

Hope that helps

8. piltupso macrumors regular

I got the same run around

I got the same run around and the word to wait 2 weeks until a supervisor could approve my rebate. My problem was caused because UPS lost my nano twice and by the time I could send in the upc labels it was after the end of the rebate period. I am going to call Monday and see what has happened I am beginning to think I am going to get screwed on this one. I am always hesitant of rebates and this is a perfect example of why.