Mac Pro case redesign soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Feb 8, 2007.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    Any thoughts on whether the 8-Core mac pro might see a case redesign? It seems that aside from the MacBook, all the Intel Macs kept their case design as to say "New CPU, same Macs." But now that people have seen the success of the Intel Macs, is it time for some new cases. The MacBook Pro is due and some are pointing to September for new iMacs.
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    mac pro is still the finest looking tower case on the market.. period.

I dont see any reason why they should change it.
  3. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    I'd say no. They had to completely redesign the internals of the PowerMac when switching to intel. IIRC the new quad core Xeon chips are drop-in replacements for the dual core ones so it wouldn't seem necessary to change the case this time round.

Also, why redesign it? IMO it still looks awesome but I have always loved that design. It's still a million miles in front of any of the other neon, plastic crap that other manufactures excrete.

Same thing with the PowerBook/MacBook Pro. A new design would be nice but they'd have to go some way to beat the current one, regardless of people saying "It's sooo old it suXXXORRrr..."

Plus, Jobs himself said when introducing the MacBook Pro "it's the most beautiful design so we've kept it very similar..." so I think he's got a soft spot for it.
  4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I don't think so...if only because the last revision significantly changed the inside case design and you'd think that they would have changed both at the same time if the felt the outside needed any changes.
  5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    I could see this happening. A whole screen design without the chin. A 24" or 30" one of those would be incredible.