Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Waterfield Designs today introduced its new Mac Pro Go Case, a bag designed to transport the 2013 Mac Pro and necessary accessories. Created from padded ballistic nylon, the case is designed to fit snugly around Apple's newest desktop computer.

The case cushions the Mac Pro with both internal padding and a plush liner, and there's a heavy duty plastic plate to protect the bottom of the computer. An accessories pocket able to hold add-ons like a mouse, cables, and power cord fits on top of the bag and a side pocket has room for an Apple wireless keyboard.

macprogocase.jpg
Just in time for the Apple World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC14), WaterField Designs introduces the Mac Pro Go Case to keep the Apple powerhouse Mac Pro and accessories safe in transit. Perfect for travelling gamers, developers, video editors and any others who take their systems with them, the rugged case holds just about everything--the Mac Pro and Apple wireless keyboard plus computer accessories: a mouse, cables and power cord.
At 7.5 inches in diameter and 12 to 14-inches tall, the Mac Pro Go Case can be carried using a nylon grab handle or a removable suspension shoulder strap.

The Mac Pro Go Case, which comes in black to match the Mac Pro, can be ordered for $129 from SFBags.com.

Article Link: Waterfield Designs Debuts 'Mac Pro Go Case' for Transporting 2013 Mac Pro

Last edited:

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Sounds like a great target for thieves. Otherwise probably a great way to carry your Mac Pro around

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Id love a Mac Pro. Even though I have 0 need for it.

Maybe the new Mac mini will look like a mini Mac Pro #……Or not.

Has there been any news on a new Mac mini that I may have missed ?

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Looks like a pretty good case. I wonder how many people would have a use for it? Somebody who needs to move their computer, but has a screen at their destination. Could be good for hotels I suppose, but surely it would be better to take a laptop and not strain your neck looking at a screen up on the wall? Easier to slip a laptop into a suitcase too.

If it's between two fixed destinations, I'd have thought it would be better to have two computers, even if one of them is cheaper, and just carry a memory stick, or use cloud storage.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Looks like a pretty good case. I wonder how many people would have a use for it? Somebody who needs to move their computer, but has a screen at their destination. Could be good for hotels I suppose, but surely it would be better to take a laptop and not strain your neck looking at a screen up on the wall? Easier to slip a laptop into a suitcase too.

If it's between two fixed destinations, I'd have thought it would be better to have two computers, even if one of them is cheaper, and just carry a memory stick, or use cloud storage.

I have a Cube carrying bag.

I've never used it.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This will be an excellent addition for the next time I go backpacking in the Andes. I just hope they make a version with a water bottle holder.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
The kind of "thing" you buy and use it once and that's it. The rest is collecting dust in your closet or... as a nice beach bag.

Akzel

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Has anyone ever transported a Mac Pro through airport security? I wonder if this weird black cylinder that doesn't look like a 'computer' might raise some eybrows… I want to transport a Mac Pro during an international flight but I am unsure how smooth it would go…

sailmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
You've clearly never used a Waterfield product.

Second that.

My Waterfield case has been excellent. They've given me top-notch customer service and support, too.

This nMP case looks like a good design. If it turns out to not be, have confidence Waterfield will take care of its customers.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC

This isn't the first time a Mac Pro needed to be transported.

Apple-pro-1640-0606-2011.jpg

You or I may never need it... but somebody does :)

Last edited:

Revearti

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2011
This company is awesome. I'll bet it'll be a solid case. I've bought all of my cases from them for the past few years.

Made in USA. Solid quality. Good customer service. They even customized a case for me because I wanted something removed.

The Racer-X laptop bag was my biggest purchase, and I love it!

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Appears to be a real nice, well-thought-out product, and I'm sure it'll be the cats meow for some people, but realistically, how many of these do they hope to sell? Moreover, if they can find a way to quickly detach the Alu stand from iMacs, why not follow this with a carrying case specifically designed for those desktops? :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm way off on this one, but wouldn't the vast majority of Pro owners leave their expensive desktops safely at home or the office, connected to their expensive displays and servers, and travel instead with their rMBPs and flash- or portable drives?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.