Mac Pro not recognizing FW Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacNtoss, Feb 11, 2007.

1. MacNtoss macrumors member

Hi guys, I'm having a little, ok BIG problem here. I have a Panasonic AG-DVC30 camcorder. I'm using a mac pro with iMovie. I have done everything, even bought a new cable (FW).My Mac just doesn't recognize my cam anymore, nothing not even an error message. Nothing seems to work, and yes I have reseted the cam. BTW i have imported video many times before and never had this problem but now I am panicking and please give some help here.

2. sturigdson macrumors regular

[Note: This post doesn't have any actual answers to your problem]

Not by my tower and camera to check right now, but do you [or anybody else] know if a camera will be shown in the system profile? I don't remember exactly, but I believe that it should.

My thinking is that if you can see the camera in the firewire bus section of your computer's system profile, you'll know that the computer is seeing the camera, and then you can begin trying to troubleshoot why FCP isn't seeing it.

If it's not showing up in the system profile [assuming that it would, normally] you could assume that the computer can't see it- in my experience this is usually a Firewire failure. Either the firewire port on the camera or computer has failed, or the actual FW cable. You can test any of those.

The only other advice I have is to reset the comp with the cam connected over firewire and turned on...
    Good luck.