Mac pro Ram

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dgeneius, Feb 13, 2007.

1. dgeneius macrumors newbie

:confused: I have a mac pro 2.0 thinking about 3 party memory from data memory systems.com.

i have final cut pro HD is it imperative that I buy heat sinks in addition to the memory. The heat sinks cool the memory off from my understanding is it a neccesity and how will it affect my system if I do not?

2. Silentwave macrumors 68000

Be sure to buy the apple-certified versions, which should have the heatsinks. Reduces errors and keeps the machine working less

When finalcut is involved, you want the best.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if you buy from datamem.com then they have certified ram that comes with the heat sinks

4. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

owc has it too. I didn't check datamem at the time. You definitely want to properly cooled ram. The risk you run is intermittent ram performance and/or failing ram and/or fried ram. Fried goat I've had. Fried ram? Don't even want to try it...

5. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

Somehow that sounds better than fried goat. Somehow goat just doesn't sound appetizing at all.

Of course, goat would probably digest easier than tin, gold, lead, and plastic. But, hey, if we're going by most desirable food, then I think RAM comes first.