Mac Pro shipping time

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dusanv, Nov 17, 2006.

1. dusanv macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006

For the guys in eastern US and Canada, how long did you wait until the mac pro arrived after they had it shipped? I'm in Ontario. Apple are quoting me $66 for expedited shipping (3-6 business days) versus the free standard (8-12 days, ouch).
  2. Creeping-Death macrumors newbie

Nov 12, 2006
    Well I'm in Montreal, I ordered mine last saturday, and it arrived at the Fedex distribution center yesterday.

It would have been delivered to my door on monday, but since I couldn't wait, I went to pick it up there.

This was with the regular shipping, so I don't think express is really worth it.
  3. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006
    Was yours stock configuration? Mine is a BTO ordered last Tuesday and it still didn't even ship (supposed to on Monday, six days later). They're about as fast with these things as they are with AppleCare.
  4. Creeping-Death macrumors newbie

Nov 12, 2006
    No, mine was BTO as well.
    I ordered on a saturday, and it shipped on wednesday (3 work days), wich would be the same as you if they do ship it on monday (I don't think they do shipping on weekends).

So, if all goes well, you should have you're Mac Pro on Tuesday.
  5. theblotted macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    FWIW, i live in LA and the BTO was shipped from Fullerton, only 30min away.

it still took me 4 days to receive my MacPro. they insisted on telling me it's "next Business day deliver", but i was pissed about this and complained, since it said "Standard Overnite". they're supposed to issue me a refund of $30 from shipping as an apology, but haven't seen it yet.
  6. rob5 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2003
    ordered on a saturday night, shipped on tues, got it wed.
  7. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006
    Wait, you had to have paid for expedited shipping, right? Mine is taking five business days just to assemble.
  8. paulinbognor macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    I'm in the UK. I placed my order for a Mac Pro and an Imac both BTO.

Order: 16th November
    Estimated Dispatch: 24th November
    Estimated Delivery: 6th December

:( now I'm really sad
  9. jmoss macrumors member

Nov 4, 2006
    Don't count on it ...

Paul, My MacPro's shipping details suddenly changed from 1 week to 2 days so you may be lucky! :cool: When you get an UPS shipping number you can track it online - all part of the waiting!

Jon :)
  10. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006
    Weird, mine was supposed to ship today and it still hasn't. I wonder if Apple are up to something. They do this when they refresh the line, right?

Edit: I called and my shipping is pushed back to 25th. Bummer.
  11. dusanv thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2006
    Shipped, only a day late (21st instead of 20th). w00t!

edit: and I got it already (23!!!).