Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stapler

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
Woo I bet mine ships today.

What time of day did ya'lls get your emails?

Oh crap, today's labor day. What a cruel world.

Renovatio

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Granger, IN; USA
stapler said:

My thought process went through the exact same thing when I got up this morning :rolleyes:

gmackay1903

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2006
Scotland
Seems in the UK that along with the X1900 XT graphics card the wireless/bluetooth BTO option is also a factor in a delay in getting your order.

Waiting patiently for my Mac Pro - two weeks to go!

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
stapler said:

Aren't they shipping from overseas though? I believe today is labor day only in the US.

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
Doug3847 said:
And CANADA!!!!!!:p

Ah yes, I always forget you guys are up there =P

It seems most of the world celebrates labor day in May. Aust and NZ in Oct.

stapler

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
Yeah, it's my feeling that they ship them in mass bulk to the United States, and then ship them individually from there. It's not like each one gets shipped, per se, with a tracking number and everything from China to your doorstep.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
kangaechigai said:
According to FedEx, mine (3GHz|2GB RAM|500GB HD|X1900 XT|Bluetooth ordered 8/8) shipped from Fullerton, CA on 9/2.

My shipment notification email was sent at 6:07PM on 9/2.

Hey that's great. :D Fullertons just to the south of me, so when Apple does ship mine (which I hope will be soon, preferably before the 19th Apple), it'll basically be overnight shipping. :)

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
I hope I didn't just shoot myself in the foot...

Because it is taking so long to get my Mac Pro I've managed to scrape up some extra $$. I called this morning to bump my memory from 2x512s to 4x512s. After a 35 minute phone call (their internal system kept jacking up the total price) I now have my machine updated.

However, online it is showing a ship dat of 10/3. The rep said it would show that date, but it would ship no later than 9/13. (My previous est. date was 9/12)

If they are shipping sooner than that, I wonder what my chances are of getting mine earlier thatn 9/13??

At least I did get free upgraded shipping. But still... Standard shipping if shipped earlier, say on the 5th would get here by the 12th. 2nd day shipping shipped on the 13th wouldn't get here until the 15th... I sure hope I don't get my machine 3 days late because I upgraded the memory!!!

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
ammon said:
If they are shipping sooner than that, I wonder what my chances are of getting mine earlier thatn 9/13??
I think you'll get it before that. :) That October 3rd date is just a month tacked on from the order date since there is a 3-4 week delay on the X1900. Expect it on the 13th at the latest most likely... if not... well I'll go grab some crow just in case. LOL

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Fry's Has Seagate 16MB Buffered 400GB SATA & PATA HDs For $100 Today

Fry's Has Seagate 16MB Buffered 400GB SATA & PATA HDs For $100 Today. Still had a bunch stacked up at Noon in Campbell. I bought 4. Sweet. :p I love holidays at Fry's. Next up is Black Friday.

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
Well I may just be in luck!

My order is no longer cancelable. This either means that they are currently building it or that their system is just messed up.

I'm hoping for the first!

crjeong

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
Sydney, Australia
damado said:
It seems most of the world celebrates labor day in May. Aust and NZ in Oct.

Australia celebrates Labour Day? I thought it just text written on the calendar that no one even bothers about, let alone knows what it is. Well except for the fact we get a day off.

Anyway, I hope my MacPro ships soon! It's been forever! I can't cancel my order anymore, so that must mean it's soon to be shipped!

stapler

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
I can still cancel, and I ordered on the eighth and so did somebody else with the identical configuration, but no, theirs had to ship on Saturday!

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
My order hasn't been cancellable since last thurs...wonder what's going on with random ship dates unrelated to order dates.

stapler

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
I'm not impressed, if I had known it was going to work this way I would've waited until late August to order. :rolleyes:

Fedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
My Fedex tracking number hasn't refreshed since the 2nd. It's been stuck "Package data transmitted to Fedex" with no updates. It's due tomorrow, but I'd have thought it would've updated by now. So close yet so far away.

Fredou51

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Fedge said:
My Fedex tracking number hasn't refreshed since the 2nd. It's been stuck "Package data transmitted to Fedex" with no updates. It's due tomorrow, but I'd have thought it would've updated by now. So close yet so far away.
OMG, I have the same problem with my iPod that shipped this weekend. It did get past "Package data transmitted to Fedex" up to "Left Origin" (About an hour after it shipped). But it's stuck on that since then (about 2 days). Weird. Maybe their tracking page is not up to date.

Fred

Fedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Fredou51 said:
OMG, I have the same problem with my iPod that shipped this weekend. It did get past "Package data transmitted to Fedex" up to "Left Origin" (About an hour after it shipped). But it's stuck on that since then (about 2 days). Weird. Maybe their tracking page is not up to date.

Fred

It's killing me.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Multimedia said:
Fry's Has Seagate 16MB Buffered 400GB SATA & PATA HDs For $100 Today. Still had a bunch stacked up at Noon in Campbell. I bought 4. Sweet. :p I love holidays at Fry's. Next up is Black Friday.

Whats a Fry's? :confused:

I always hear people on here talking about Fry's but I have no idea what a Fry's is.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
damado said:
My order hasn't been cancellable since last thurs...wonder what's going on with random ship dates unrelated to order dates.

I would like to figure out the pattern as well... I am essentially in limbo... I can't cancel the order, not shipping... and yet others have had theirs ship. :/ (Ordered on the 7th)

phantasm10

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
ReanimationLP said:
Whats a Fry's? :confused:

I always hear people on here talking about Fry's but I have no idea what a Fry's is.

The best place people hate to shop for electronics at great prices.

Most stores are located in Cali, but they have other locations in Georgia, Illinois, Texas, etc.

http://www.frys.com for locations.

Google it for customer experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.