mac programming

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by SlrP, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I know C and C++. I am new to mac programming. I need examples of how to create libraries and call them using C++, etc. any sources, etc.?. Also, a simple app in cocoa would be useful.:confused:

2. macrumors G5

gnasher729

Download Xcode.

Create a new project using a "Framework" or "Library" template to create a library.

Create a new project using the "Application / Cocoa application" template to create a Cocoa application.

Add the library to your Cocoa application, include the header files, and just call the library functions.

3. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Also important to note is that Xcode prefers .framework type libraries. A good example of a library in this format is Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL for short). Apple offers plenty of example code on their developer pages to help newbies get started: http://developer.apple.com/

4. macrumors 603

Cromulent

I wouldn't say it preferred them. It works perfectly well with normal everyday dynamic libraries and static libraries.

5. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Xcode does make adding .framework libraries particularly easy, though - hence the "preferred" comment. If my meaning was off, it wasn't intended.

6. macrumors newbie

A close question: is there any proved-to-be-convenient c++ logger for Mac?

7. macrumors 6502a

The word "logger" has many meanings depending upon context so what's the context and your meaning?