Mac PSP Softwre

Discussion in 'Games' started by displaced, Mar 11, 2006.

1. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

Hi everyone,

I just treated myself to a shiny new PSP. Very nice indeed... the quality of the web browser really surprised me -- it's actually quite comfortable to do some casual browsing on the PSP. I've become a Lumines addict, and am skinning my thumbs with Ridge Racer!

I've downloaded the shareware PSPWare program for my Mac, and it seems to do a good job of getting my iTunes, iPhoto and movie files onto the PSP. But before I drop the $15 on the full version, I thought I'd drop by and ask if anyone can share any experiences with other PSP management software for OS X?

Also, while I'm here, does anyone have any game recommendations? Any must-have, ultra-playable games that I might get a kick out of?

Thanks!

2. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

im not too sure about the software. i have a really good software but on my PC.

as far as games go, Ridge Racer is ALOT of fun. mostly when you really get it down.

I would also recommend Socom (its superb online, plus you can get a headset for it and playonline and talk, how hot is that? :D )

Metal Gear Ac!d is superbly fun too. (i got alot more to recommend but those are it for now :D :cool: )

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

PSPWare is the best app that I know of.

Some good games are Burnout Legends, and Me and My Katamari (coming out in a week and a half)

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

if you like shooters, try coded arms--it's good but not mind-blowing. also grand theft auto, tony hawk underground 2 (they might have come out with a new one), me and my katamari (coming soon) and gran turismo 4 mobile (coming soon). as far as apps, can't really help, as i manage that stuff manually.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed, PSPware is the best.

Games to get:
    Lumines(which you already have) Reached 115 level last night!
    GTA: LCS
    Socom
    Mega Man
    Wipeout Pure
    Tokobot(platforming)
    Exit(more Puzzle but with a twist)

Bless

6. displaced thread starter macrumors 65816

displaced

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

(level 115? *wow*!)

I've got GTA:LCS on its way to me already -- looking forward to that. I'm gonna read up on all the suggested games. Gamespot.com has plenty of in-game videos for me to gawp at!

I went and registered PSPWare. Looks like it does everything I need.

7. displaced thread starter macrumors 65816

displaced

Wow... I just saw a review of the newly-released Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (here).

That looks simply jaw-dropping :)