.mac question here.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ijimk, Jun 21, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

When you buy .mac for $99 does that give you 1 year before you pay the $100 yearly fee? or do you have to buy it and then pay an additional $100 to start your membership?

2. sandmann41 macrumors regular

3. jhomayne macrumors regular

does that mean that your @mac.com email address becomes unusable after the year runs out?

4. jaesk8er macrumors member

jaesk8er

Does any one know if .mac supports streaming audio. I cant find any thing on that.

about the question I dont know if they keep your acount and not give it to any one.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...if you do not renew after the year is up that email account is no longer accessible and any mail you have on the .mac servers is deleted, as is anything on your iDisk or .mac webpage....oh yeah!

6. budaapple macrumors regular

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Huh? What are they supposed to do? You pay for a year, they give you a year....if you don't renew why should they keep your account and data? I wouldn't if I was in charge either. They give you a number of reminders when your renewal is coming due and you can also set it to "auto-renew" too if you like....not harsh at all...it is a business and they run it like one.....oh yeah!

8. jhomayne macrumors regular

yeah. i didn't really mean it like that.. :eek:

i just thought perhaps they might keep the emails and website in stasis or something in case one decides to subscribe to .mac again