Mac RAM Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fall3n, Feb 12, 2007.

1. fall3n macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm looking for a good retailer for Apple ram in Canada. Online or local will do. I'm in Vancouver, BC. I need some for my PowerBook G4.

In addition, are there any recommendations on which ram is the best for a PowerBook G4? Is it fine to get Kingston? I'm trying to budget around $200 so I don't want the absolute best, but the best for that price.
  2. matthewr macrumors member

Jun 17, 2004
    I've used CanadaRAM a few times and have been quite happy with them - good prices, quick shipping, no problems with any purchases. They are somewhere on Vancouver Island, I believe.

[edit: their website is]
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I can't recommend anyone more highly than CanadaRAM...Trevor from CanadaRAM has been a valuable member of the MacRumors community for a number of years. They know Macs and stand behind their products.
  4. fall3n thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies guys. I'll be sure to check CanadaRAM out. Cheers!
  5. bbergie macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
  6. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2005
    Also used .. good competitive prices..
  7. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    I aslo recomend canada ram, not because i have used them but because trevor does a remarkable job in the forums offering advice. :)
  8. 7ttman macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2007
    Kingston RAM

There are reports on other forums that the Kingston "valueRAM" doesn't work correctly. If you use the "configurator" it'll recommend the more expensive range. I've been trying to determine what the differences between the two product ranges, but haven't been successful. Does anyone know?

There is a Apple/Intel spec that memory has to comply with in order that your machine doesn't hang/blue screen/stop/crash or simply refuse to work!
  9. 7ttman macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2007
    Buying guide

Buying guide says.....

You may also have issues if you use High Density RAM in your Mac (this is the most common form of RAM that can be purchased from eBay). You may find it simply doesn't work with your Mac, the computer only accepts half the amount or it runs much slower. RAM bought from a recommended supplier will not be high density and will work correctly.[/I]
  10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    I put Kingston Value RAM in my iBook G4 yesterday and its working well. I was limited to a 512mb chip - but it went in easy and didn't cause any issues.

It had a mail in rebate from Office Depot - and I had a rewards card to spend - made it an easy purchase! :D
  11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I'd buy from CanadaRAM (the store) just because of CanadaRAM (the member).

Otherwise, check CSC or NCIX