Mac Repair messed up my iBook? What to do?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Dynamyk, Nov 7, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2005
    Ok my DC board was messed up so i went to my local Apple Store (Eaton Center) to get it repaired, i needed it badly for a school presentation on the friday, and i brought it in on the Monday, so the guy said if i want it soon i have to get Pro Care. So i paid the extra $100, and i went in Wednesday to check if it was being worked on they said not yet, went in on the Friday and they said they didn't get around to it. So i go pick it up yesterday, and I go home and now my battery is not being recognized, and my iBook won't connect to my network. I went back and they said the thing they fixed wouldn't interfere with anything. What do I do now, I can't use my iBook without plugging it in, and i have to reset my Date/Time every time the computer boots up, plus i have to use someone else's wireless signal cause mine won't work...
  2. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Sep 6, 2003
    try re-setting the power management unit first (find instructions here). if you still have problems after that, you may need a trip back to the store to demonstrate the problems you're now having...