Mac Rumors going mainstream?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kwyjibo, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I was kind of shocked this morning browsing through CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/10/12/tech.apple.reut/index.html

Is CNN entering the mac rumors game? When I first saw that article I was thinking product defect ... This is kind of scary that somethng that brought many of us here is now like a national trend ... what will apple do next?

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its the higher profile of the iPod that's causing all this....with a 80%+ market share its the cool thing to have as well....

Now if they start posting links about the possible new G5 and iMac, then I'd start worrying.

D

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm still not sure I believe that Apple isn't working on some sort of "video iPod" to compete with MS's Media Player. It might not be an iPod, it might be some sort of other device; but the field is just too potentially profitable for Apple to ignore it completely.

I do get a little nervous about the idea of an iPhoto for Windows. I don't like the idea of Windows users getting too many Apple programs without actually buying Apple computers. iTunes worked because it was the first and only offering to Windows users, and it works with iTMS. Unless Apple develops some sort of counterpart for iPhoto, I don't see the purpose in having the program go cross-platform.

However, knowing Steve, if it does jump over to Windows, I believe it'll mean Steve has something up his sleeve. And I don't mean just a video iPod. There's not a big attraction to looking at photos on a 2-inch screen. Perhaps he'll develop some version of .Mac for Windows users?

Oh, and to directly address the subject at hand: hey, it's good publicity! CNN can become the all-Apple channel for all I care! :D

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

probably not since they reference ThinkSecret...

D

5. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I'm not getting worried persay but just that CNN isn't the rumor business persay ... they typically stick with facts.

6. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Unless they do a google search for apple rumors...

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    im sure there are lurkers and maybe even active members from news agencies :)

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

then we're 5 on the list :D

D

Attached Files:

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

it seems that there's alot more sites lately getting in on the Mac rumors game...

but at least we've all got an accurate 'source'. :D ;)

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

isnt there a redirect to here when they go to "applerumors.com" so maybe if they do that looking for rumors about apple theyll end up here at mr...

11. iceTrX macrumors regular

Maybe CNN will post something about how the G5 PowerBooks are coming soon. :p
    I hope its true, it would be awesome if apple can pull off an iPod with a color screen (OLED? OLED would be sweet!) and still get great battery life.