OS X Mac Rumors Mac Gaming Links Guide

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Huntn, Jan 15, 2013.

1. macrumors G3

Huntn

After 3 years, decided to add new content, specifically a Specific Games Link section and two guide links for the Mac native game, FTL.

I'm also going to go back through it and check for outdated links. :p

MacRumors Mac Gaming Links Guide.

2. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

Thanks to SilentPanda's suggestion, I used W3C's link checker to verify links in this guide. It might be 100% now. :p

3. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

1/16- Added GameOnMac.com link and MacGamerHQ under Gaming Sites. Added Big Fish Games and Electronic Arts under Game Companies. Added Game News Section. Added Amazon.com New Mac Releases under Mac Retailers. Added Wiki list of Mac Games under Misc Good Links.

4. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

1/18- Added Wargame European Escalation link to News and Specific Game sections. Reorganized section listings.

5. macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Phaselocking Psychos somewhere on Pandora
    Hey, great work on this, thanks to you from everyone here at MacRumors!

I've got a thought, maybe add a section to the page containing a list of popular games, still for sale, that although labeled as Mac capable, aren't. Prime reason being the removal of PowerPC environment (Rosetta on intel), newbies or those not in the know can go to any WalMart or Amazon.com and buy StarCraft (I), Diablo II, WarCraft III, etc, and they won't work on their "it just works" Mac.

It's a dark spot on Mac Gaming in my opinion, and it seems too difficult now to know if an older game sold on Amazon will work or not, without a load of additional searching / research.

Just a thought.

6. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

*10/9- Added Vendetta Online Link under Mac Game section. Added MacBook Air 2013 Game Performance thread link under MacRumors Game threads. Added Minecraft link under Mac Game Links.

7. thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

8. Huntn, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

thread starter macrumors G3

Huntn

*30Oct- Added Tropico 4, System Shock 2, XPlane 10, and Bioshock Infinite links under MacGame links section.