Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
this is probably the wrong thing to post this inquiry in but oh well... i put a picture in my mac rumors profile... how do i get it to display under my name when i post stuff?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
sam10685 said:
this is probably the wrong thing to post this inquiry in but oh well... i put a picture in my mac rumors profile... how do i get it to display under my name when i post stuff?

Why are people allergic to the search function and FAQs? :p :cool:

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
~Shard~ said:
Why are people allergic to the search function and FAQs? :p :cool:

insead of being a jurk with that last post you could have just told the guy what to do, same amount of words.

go to your User CP(control panel), then click on "edit profle picture" it sould be pritty simple from there. make sure your picture is no larger than 150 by 150 pixels and 96KB to be on the safe side. this bit is fustrating just shrink your pic in gimp or something simaler like photoshop and make sure the file size is under 96KB.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I just ignore these types of threads and questions now, we get one it seems, everyday.

I only clicked on this thread because I thought it had to do with a MacRumors pictures, a members picture for example.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
babyjenniferLB said:
go to your User CP(control panel), then click on "edit profle picture" it sould be pritty simple from there. make sure your picture is no larger than 150 by 150 pixels and 96KB to be on the safe side. this bit is fustrating just shrink your pic in gimp or something simaler like photoshop and make sure the file size is under 96KB.
That's answering the wrong question. sam10685 wants to use his current profile picture as his avatar. The link posted by ~Shard~ explains that sam10685 is not eligible for one yet.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
babyjenniferLB said:
insead of being a jurk with that last post you could have just told the guy what to do, same amount of words.

Number one, did you notice the :p after my post? It indicates that I was having some fun with my comment and that it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's called joking around. Having fun. No?

Number two, at least I read his question correctly - you did not even address his actual question at all and were of no help whatsoever. :D :cool:

And number three, I don't know what a "jurk" is. :p (see?) ;)

iPhil

macrumors 68040
~Shard~ said:

If ya google "jurk" you'll get this:

;)

Attachments

• screenshot_02.jpg
    screenshot_02.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 73

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
~Shard~ said:
Number one, did you notice the :p after my post? It indicates that I was having some fun with my comment and that it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's called joking around. Having fun. No?

Number two, at least I read his question correctly - you did not even address his actual question at all and were of no help whatsoever. :D :cool:

calm down dudes... i think i figured it out... thank u!:)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
sam10685 said:
calm down dudes... i think i figured it out... thank u!:)

No worries, glad to have helped! As for all the other stuff, I was just having fun - I think there are other people here who are taking things too seriously though. ;) I hope you realized my initial comment was just in good fun... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.