.mac sent items on server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DerChef, Oct 28, 2006.

1. DerChef macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Recently signed up to .mac again because of the new webmail interface and I have a Mac and PC I would like to keep in Sync using IMAP.

Gmail was great but its POP does not let me retrieve the same message twice to two different machines

When I send mail using smtp.mac.com using Apple Mail on the mac a copy of the message is stored serverside.:)

However using Outlook 2002 and Entourage it ISNT despite being delivered OK.:(

:mad: Its so hard to find an email system that does exactly what I want. Namely allows me to access all my mail on two different machines including what I have sent
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Okay, make sure the sent messages are being saved in the correct folder. In Entourage, go to Accounts in the Tools menu and make sure the Advanced section has the correct folder selected next to Store Sent Messages In This IMAP Folder. It'll be a similar setup in Outlook.

Also, if you have more than one account in Outlook and Entourage then make sure your sent messages aren't being sent from a different account and subsequently stored in a different Sent Folder. :)