Mac shortcuts?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Bilalo, Sep 15, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

2 thing I need basly, first of all sometime that functions like alt-tab on windows as when i playheroes of newerth, it goes to full screen and i cant minimize it :/
    Second of all isnthere something that closed the app like alt+f4?

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Full screen mode is many times app-dependent. For some, the ESC key exits full screen. For others, Command-F works. Read the documentation for your app.
    Command-Q.

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts
    Helpful Information for Any Mac User

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Games like HoN cant be played in non full screen mode so there is no exiting full screen, its either minimzing it or closing it. And command Q close all browsers and any app as well?

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, Command-Q is the Mac OS X keyboard shortcut to quit any app. You can see that by clicking on Safari on the Menu Bar, then "Quit Safari", which shows the Command-Q. All apps show the same command for quitting the app.

5. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

To be fair, I have run into some that disable the Command-Q shortcut for quitting, including some full-screen games. It's up to the developer, although most don't override that shortcut.

jW

6. macrumors newbie

Command-Tab functions the same way as ALT-TAB in windows, but depending on the App that still may not solve your problem.