Mac software for halo multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Games' started by beatle888, Jun 11, 2003.

1. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

hello. i started this thread to see if there is there a utilitiy for the mac that allows you to play your xbox online for games like halo. the pc people are able to do this with a utility they download at xboxconnection however its not for the mac. does anyone know of anything out there that will work?

just so you know, halo isnt xbl active so people have found a way to trick the xbox into thinking its hooked up through something called systemlink, thats a term microsoft uses when refereing to connecting two xboxes together. so the idea is to use this utility on your computer (pc) which is sharing an internet connection with your xbox. in this way the xbox can link to other xboxs online and play multiplayer games.

thanks for any help.

2. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

There isn't a mac verison of the program... your best bet is most likely Virtual PC... sorry man.

3. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure I posted this on you last one but here it goes

YES you can and its great fun!!! I used to do it all of the time here is what you need

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15409

the program aquaduct

next you need to find people using it this is the hard part, there was a form where people posted there gameranger ids so you could find them easy this is still probably your best bet, try loging on to gameranger and asking in the chat if anyone wants to play halo through aquaduct

hope this helps:D

4. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

yes it does help veg.

i found it last night. now all i need is a hub. its nice to know that i dont have to try VPC. that would be an expensive solution...though a solution none the less.

5. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

excellent

cool, I wish I still had my xbox on my network :( the only catch is you can only play against mac people so thats why I said game ranger but besides that this program is awsome!!!

6. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

i know its exciting. actually the people on the message boards at aqua??? ( i forget the name) say they use game ranger to find people who want to play and then they all jump on the aqua utility to play.

anyway, maybe you could get your xbox on that network and play some multi player games. im sure its a lot different from single player mode...more levels too.

7. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Ya I just moved and all I need is a wireless router and Im set but im strapped for cash (just paid for summer classes and books) hopefully in a couple weeks I will be back on my feet and I will post here when I get it.... Im a little rusty at multiplayer its been a while:(

8. beatle888 thread starter macrumors 68000

beatle888

9. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Wow, I'm a big poster in xbox underground forums... and no one has ever mentioned this software... my bad... (I slowly lower my head and run away). That is so cool that it exists... hoorah!

10. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

If i had an Xbox I'd play with ya but sadly i dont =/

11. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

that sounds like a great deal for a router :) I think I will have to get one now :D (if my check is big enough this week)

lmao!!!!!!!