Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikuskwas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hello!

Does anyone know of any company that sells "Software Protection" for the mac, and that is kind of cheep?

This is to protect an upcomming Mac Game. The idea is to have the game "blocked" so the user can play one level or two, but then a new window pops up and asks for a serial number. I would like to have the game check with our server and validate the serial number.

Please, if anyone does know of a website, or perhaps a tutorial to write this code?

Thanks!

Nick.

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
There's a (free, open source) framework to do just that:

AquaticPrime

Didn't try it yet though. I also believe there's another similar framework out there, but I couldn't find it.

nikuskwas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hello Sijmen!

Thank you for such a quick reply!. I will download and try this!

The ideal thing would be to have a PayPal implementation as well. That means, all payments are made trough PayPal, and automatically, the customer receives a serial number to their email address.

Has anyone used This ?

Thanks,

Nick.

Sijmen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Hey nikuskwas,

I don't know about the app you linked. On the PayPal issue though, the website of AquaticPrime explains that there's a php implementation available, and provides a tutorial on how to use PayPal with it:

AquaticPrime On Your Webserver

Good luck, I think I'll be using it, too.

nikuskwas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Cool!

Now...the only problem is that I am not a programmer and I don't know how to use this!!! :p

Anyways, I will find someone to help me out with this. I also found another License Software webpage. Perhaps someone could share their experience with any of the listed above or some other software?

Are these frameworks/generators/programs (whatever they are called) "compatible" with any game I would create? The game engine I'm using is called Unity. So implementation of this key generators with the game engine is crucial!!!

Thanks,

Nick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.