Mac software to make a will?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Huze, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Huze macrumors newbie

May 3, 2005
    I can't seem to find any Mac software that would allow a person to make a last will and testament. Any ideas?
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but isn't this something you can do with a word-processor?

Or are there specific layout things you need to do that you can't do with something like MS Word?
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I'm not sure, but I believe the OP is asking for software with pre-written templates. I'm sure they're available, but I'm not sure where. As an immortal, it hasn't been a concern of mine.
  4. Huze thread starter macrumors newbie

May 3, 2005
    Its a bit more complicated than that. There are various things that make such a document legally binding and I'd prefer to have some software that guides me along.
  5. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

Sep 16, 2005
    the Netherlands
    For these issues, I would definitely consult a lawyer or at least try to find a legal forum to post this question on.
  6. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2005
    When dealing with something that important I would definitely go have a talk with a lawyer. You might be confident that your up to the task, but it would surely suck if a minor mistake should mess stuff up for your loved ones.
    Spend the dough, get a lawyer.
  7. bdj33ranch macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2005