Mac software to make a will?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Huze, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Huze macrumors newbie

I can't seem to find any Mac software that would allow a person to make a last will and testament. Any ideas?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but isn't this something you can do with a word-processor?

Or are there specific layout things you need to do that you can't do with something like MS Word?

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm not sure, but I believe the OP is asking for software with pre-written templates. I'm sure they're available, but I'm not sure where. As an immortal, it hasn't been a concern of mine.

4. Huze thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a bit more complicated than that. There are various things that make such a document legally binding and I'd prefer to have some software that guides me along.

5. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

For these issues, I would definitely consult a lawyer or at least try to find a legal forum to post this question on.

6. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

When dealing with something that important I would definitely go have a talk with a lawyer. You might be confident that your up to the task, but it would surely suck if a minor mistake should mess stuff up for your loved ones.
    Spend the dough, get a lawyer.

7. bdj33ranch macrumors regular