Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
I am getting this basic message after every google search.

"Sorry but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."

Is this even possible that I have spyware on a mac? Is it a problem on googles end? Is it possible to scan for these virus' spyware all programs seem to be for windows?

A little guidance please.

Thanks in advance

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
GimmeSlack12 said:
*Sigh*

No its not spyware. No way it can be. As for the Google I'm not sure, what browser you using? Possible it's on Google's end.

Thanks for the answer, it seemed to sort itself out so it must have been google's problem. Sorry for the seemingly stupid question, I was 95% sure that it couldnt have been spyware, but I know the odd virus pops up ever now and again that can infect an apple. Also I thought that it is possible to have a virus but that it is simply inaffective unless passed on to a networked pc user didnt know if google cold detect the presence of an inactive virus.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
A virus by definition is only able to infect a Windows Machine. But I can understand how some new Mac users are still flinchy when there is an odd occurence on your machine. Virus shouldn't even be in the Mac vocabulary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.