Mac Stock breaks $60! Rising Fast!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SpaceMagic, Nov 22, 2004.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

:eek:

Have you seen Apple's stock... I'm just refreshing the page and watching it go up and up and up. Currently at $60.77.

i bet the majority of that are UK bidders -the fans gave Apple HUGE press here. unbelievable 5000 showed up before 10 opening!

Every broadsheet and tabloid I picked up that day ran a report on it near the front page! The 6 o'clock news (prime time news..) ran a 5 minute (out of 30) report on it - on the Saturday and the day before (because of the people waiting outside!) Then the news came out that apple are opening in the Bull Ring, one of if not the UKs largest shopping area in Birmingham and one in bluewater Kent

That's my reasoning to the high stock! Go Apple :)

2. Natalia81 macrumors regular

A broker set a price target of $100 on it recently due to ipod polls or something like that. I'm kicking myseflt hard because I didn't buy it at $32 back in July (instead opting for another stock which hasn't done anything).

3. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

hit $64 dollar for a second, then down... now up again... this is cool to watch :) i could have bought when they were $12 each.. my parents said i could (i was 16 nearly 17) now.. 18months later i'd be a rich kid!

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is amazing and great for Apple :D

Just wish I had bought more when I had ;)

D

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The good news also affects regular Mac owners because the news was related to iPod owners that either have switched to the Mac or plan to switch. The market share will go up and this means more software choices and better hardware prices.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations to Steve Jobs and Apple. Now the pressure will be on for them to produce new and innovative products. Hopefully they can maintain the lead with the iPod and iTMS. The analysts will now have an even more critical eye.

7. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Back down to $60, and not looking like stopping.

Looks like it's got over the weekend UK sexy-store goings-on.

8. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

:eek: I told my parents they should have bought a ton when the stock price was around ~$12. :( ;)

9. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

So did I, and they thought that was funny. Then again, I sold all mine at $23 so what do I know? :(

10. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

11. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

I bought a hundred shares at $25 and another 200 @ $55. :D

12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Unfortunately AAPL remains at an overbought level based on its mid-range RSI, and although the sales numbers, etc. continue to improve and impress, it is questionable if the stock can keep up this momentum. I'm carefully watching the MACD among other tools, and although I'm a huge fan and supporter of Apple, this stock might be ripe for shorting in the near future, pardon the pun. :cool:

13. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Never say that. If there's one thing I've learned time and time again throughout my years in the investment world, it is that hindsight is always 20/20. :cool: