.Mac Subscribers: Get 300 free Jam Pack loops and all three ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 14, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

macridah

I'll get the free downloads, but not the discounted ones.

3. macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

for 150 I'd buy all of them... let's see how the 300 loops behave, as a non-professional musician user I don't see myself investing in this but nice for the people who can use this.

4. macrumors 6502

That's a great discount. The thing is, I just purchased Jam Pack #1.( If I didn't, I would have taken the offer to buy three for the price of two. I will download the free loops of #2 and #3.)

Hope others will find the discount useful.

5. macrumors 68000

Squire

I've been planning to buy the original Jam Pack for quite some time. I'm also very interested in the rhythm section one. I guess I'll take advantage of the deal and get the remix one for free.

By the way, have any of you had problems downloading the free ones? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I click on them in my members folder, nothing happens.

Squire

6. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Not bad offer ... praps .Mac preferential benefits are turning the corner.

Also, praps an upgrade of Garageband is around the same corner that Tiger is lurking.

7. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

With the 300 free loops.. It's easy to add them on an as-needed basis (just drag them onto the "stage"), but is there any way to add them to GarageBand's built in loop archive browser thing?

8. macrumors 68000

Squire

I'm having trouble. The first 2 "packs" seem to get added but the third one is really stumping me. It worked with one tune (I can tell because "slide" is available) but it doesn't show up when I start a new project.

Squire

9. macrumors regular

I might be way off on this but I think you can add them manually by dropping all the loops into

/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Apple Loops/Single Files/

The most frustrating part for me has been aliasing these folders so I could store all the loops on an external harddrive. Apple needs to add a set library location option GB preferences similar to the one Soundtrack has.