.mac subscription question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jonat8, May 9, 2006.

1. jonat8 macrumors regular

Hi,

I've just re-subscribed to .mac and think it's pretty good and the disk space increase is definately great. But I had to join using a retail box bought from the AppleStore because the .mac online subscription page doesn't accept the UK Switch/Maestro card (although I did choose UK as my country, and it is accepted on the AppleStore and on iTunes)... weird, but anyways.

I want to upgrade to the 4GB disk space option but can't because of the aforementioned problem. Is there any where you can buy an upgrade retail box? I couldn't see it on the UK AppleStore. I also noticed that the upgrade is the same price as the standard 1-year membership. If I bought another .mac retail box and credited that code, would it upgrade my account to 4GB rather than giving me another year of 1GB.

Any ideas appreciated :)
    thanks!
    j

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

buying a new retail box extends your subscription by one year. sorry, i don't know much about it otherwise...you might want to look into whether or not you can purchase it with an apple gift card (that maybe you can buy at the store).

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I don't think there is any kind of retail box for upgrading. I believe its only possible through your account online, which means you will probably need a credit card. If you can't figure anything else out, try giving Apple a call, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to take... ahem.. receive your money. 1-800-MY-Apple in the usa. It should be listed on the banner of the store if you need the UK number.