Mac Summer Back to School Discounts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Bobjob186, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Hey when do you predict the summer price drops for back to school will be introduced?

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

At least not till the 26th... :D

That is when the current rebate ends....

3. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

80% chance next week
    20% chance 1st week in july

there probably won't be a price drop btw, it's usually a promo (last year was buy a mac, get 200 off an ipod plus a free printer and regular edu discounts)

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

u think this will reach iPods too? i hope, im in the market

5. Santeh macrumors member

Re: What About Upcoming Events?

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, what about possibly releasing items at the upcoming National Educational Computing Conference (NECC; 06/27-06/30) or at Siggraph (07/31-08/04)? Does anyone know if Apple has released any hardware for the upcoming school year at either of these events?

Thanks!

Sam

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I already used my Spring Promo and education discounts. It's $250 off in total. :D

7. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

yeah, i got to send mine in tomorrow or I'm gonna get screwed...

8. MacHarne macrumors 6502

I ordered my PowerBook through the largest of my university's bookstores. I saved about $350 off of the regular price. Since Apple has special price "fixes" and does not allow resellers to advertise the prices lower than a certain point, the only way resellers can actually advertise a lower price is by making it a bundle (i.e. laptop + AppleCare).

That is precisely what my university does, in addition to talking with Apple to slightly lower the price so the university doesn't take the full hit from the discounts students/faculty get. I ordered a 12" PB with 768MB RAM and AppleCare and paid less than $1700. They also are throwing in a 512MB iPod shuffle with all Apple orders. I couldn't pass that up plus this G3 is in need of a replacement (though it still runs well).

And to Santeh, I don't believe Apple has ever launched products at those events, although there is nothing stopping them from coincidentally releasing products at that time.

Those iBooks will likely get updated within the next week or two. Crucial has a promo code going right now for iBook 1GB RAM called "EOLPROMO". End-of-life? I think so.

9. Zeekium macrumors newbie

Zeekium

What is the current rebate?

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

11. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

The Cram & Jam deal should start in mid-July. At least it did last year. What is the Cram & Jam deal you ask? If you buy laptop and an iPod at the same time the deal is in effect then you can get $200 rebate. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

12. bemylover macrumors regular

can that be used if i buy the laptop using standard educational discount?

13. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Yeah, got myself a powerbook and iPod last year using the Cram and Jam deal. Nice to have both!

14. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Yes, you can use the Cram & Jam deal with the education discount. Here is an article I found at Apple about the deal:

"If someone you know is bound for college this Fall, let them know about a great new promotional offer. Buy an eligible iPod and Apple notebook computer between now and September 25, and we’ll send you $200 back by mail. Combined with your education discount, your savings can total up to $530"

One note said you can't use this deal with the 12" iBook with CD-Rom drive, or iPod mini. I'm sure you can't use this deal with the iPod shuffle either.

15. timmyb macrumors 6502

Are the education offers the same in the UK when they occur?

16. toezter macrumors regular

toezter

i just got my $100 check from apple yesterday for "Go Save" :)

17. Zeekium macrumors newbie

Zeekium

can't do the Go Save deal because im in high school :(

18. crowdaddy macrumors regular

What if just got the ADC student version to buy my setup for college, can I still get in on this offer (cram/jam) as well?

19. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Does Cram and Jam standardly apply to everyone, or at least other recipients of the edu discount, like teachers?

Thanks.