.Mac Sync Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrldwzrd89, Aug 3, 2005.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

For some strange reason, when I tried to do a .Mac Sync, I was told that my .Mac trial account had expired (which is clearly false - my full .Mac membership is due for renewal in 143 days), yet the sync continued and appeared to finish successfully.

Anyone know what's going on?

2. xcell macrumors newbie

.Mac is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Trying to synchronize my Address Book results in the above message; nevertheless synchronzing all other items (calendar, keychains, etc.) works !?!

The synchronisation of the Address Book starts (downloading for about 2 min. with 10-30 KB/s - using a highspeed cable), then the message appears:

.Mac is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Are there any known troubles with the .Mac server besides beeing a pretty slow and unreliable one...?

BTW: the procedures described in the .Mac homepage (Apple - How To Sync) are misleading and WRONG!; the pictures and text refer to iSync which is NOT used in OS Tiger to synchronize .Mac data!

THX for any comment, Axel
    iBook, 1.33 Ghz, G4; OS X 10.4.2

3. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The error I reported earlier hasn't occurred again. As for the message you got, that's 100% normal during times that parts of .Mac go down for scheduled maintenance.