.Mac sync no longer working. Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by laughingbabe16, Dec 20, 2006.

1. laughingbabe16 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I purchased .Mac over the summer and about 3 months ago I finally registered it on my MacBook. Anyways, I set up the sync option, and it was working great... until today when I come home from shopping. I go to manually sync my files (from the sync icon by the time) and it says, ".Mac login failed" !! What, it just synced for me the other day. So I login to .Mac online and everything works fine, I'm in. But, just for kicks I reset my password, restarted my laptop, logged in to .mac from system preferances, the password was vaildated. When I click on sync from the tabs in .mac preferances, again, I get the same ".mac login failed". Can anyone please help me?

Thank you!
    Nikki

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you create a new user account in System Preferences, can you sync from there? :)

3. laughingbabe16 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like that's another problem I have. Under System Preferance>Accounts, I can't add a new person. The plus and minus sign (+, -) is not highlighted, and when clicking it, they do nothing.

Ah!!

4. laughingbabe16 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind. I was able to create a new account, and the sync worked on there, after adding my .mac username/password. I then logged off the new name, switched to my admin. name, and it worked!

Now, I hope that when I delete the new name, it will continue to work, like it did before. How strange!!

Since we're on the topics of user accounts, I was wondering, is there any way to start the computer with my Admin. Name shown requiring a password to continue?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Disable Automatic Login in the Login Options in System Preferences. That will prompt a window asking for your password when you next reboot. FWIW, a quick restart can often fix small problems like this. It's usually a good first step. You should now be able to delete that new account. :)

6. laughingbabe16 thread starter macrumors member