mac the ripper and popcorn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swots, Jan 28, 2005.

1. swots macrumors newbie

Help!, i've ripped with Mac the Ripper, some full extractions, some just main feature, but when using Roxio's Popcorn, it seems to not like the Video TS files of the feature-only extractions. either says it cant read them or damaged. haven't burnt a dvd yet (nearly - another 26 mins apparently) but popcorn seems to read the full extractions ok.
    does Popcorn just not like Mac the Ripper's partial extractions or is there a way round it? am i stuck with having to do full extractions. really i want to know whether i should dump those partialy ripped files or hang on in case they are usable after all.
    any help very much appreciated!
    Swots

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I always do a full extraction and then use POPCORN to decide what I want to keep (main movie, extras, audio, etc...). Unless disk space is key, just do it this way if Popcorn is happy with full disc extractions.

3. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Popcorn wants full disk extractions from MTR. I got the same errors when I tried doing movie-only rips with MTR. What's the big deal?

4. swots thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks all for the info - at least i know where i am now.
    funny thing is i just burnt a dvd from a MTR main feature extraction!
    and it plays fine - very confusing! - it did have some chapter folders with it but i didn't select them - it was my first mtr ripp so who knows what i did!

thanks again wise people!

5. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Some titles work (MTR movie-only), some don't. I have no idea why.