Mac the ripper questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umrdad, Dec 18, 2005.

1. umrdad macrumors member

Dec 13, 2005
    I'm new at ripping dvd's but having a problem with the movie "patton" . . . . everything seems to be there but the audio is in the background a boring monotone history professor type talks through the whole movie, so i threw the file in the trash and tried again . . . same thing . . . . this is an original purchased dvd not a rental or copy any ideas where i'm going wrong? it is a long movie are there limits to size? it's one of my favorite movies so would really like a copy of it
  2. kugino macrumors 65816

Jul 10, 2003
    sounds like you're only copying the "director's comments" audio track and not all the audio tracks...make sure that if you're doing a full "disk copy," that you check (or un-check) all the audio files you want.
  3. umrdad thread starter macrumors member

Dec 13, 2005
    thanks for the info i'll give it a try i have been using main feature extraction 'cause i didn't want/need all that other clutter but maybe this is one you get it all or you don't get jack
  4. DYazbek macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    Mac The Ripper problem continues

I too have this problem. If a DVD has a commentary, it automatically gets added to any chapter I rip. Can someone please tell me how to rip a chapter with just the film and its movie/fx soundtrack, not the blasted commentary. I do not see any option for which audio soundtrack to select.
  5. DYazbek macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2010
    OK, I found the soundtrack options, but even if I deselect the non-English languages and directors commentary, the ripped file still comes out in Italian or some other major language on the DVD. Help!! I just want a scene from a film, the way you'd watch it in the cinema. Is that too much too ask?