Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firebatbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
I have down loaded mac the ripper demo and when i press go after installing my dvd a message pops up saying WRITE ERROR there is not enough free space on /volumes/video/-ts please select a volume with sufficient free space.
I am new to all this so can anyone give me a step by step of what to do.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
yeah sounds like you tried to save the Video_TS folder as a volume or something? just make sure you read the ReadMe. you've got to save it to somewhere on your hard drive - so just find a spot, check all the MTR settings (region, macrovision etc) then go.

Lanara

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
Write Error using Mac The Ripper

The "Write Error: there is not enough free space" comes up when I put in a dvd; I've recently ripped and burned 20 dvds within the last two months. It says there is not enough free space when i've checked that there is more than enough GBs on my hard drive to copy it 6xs over. What gives?

I'm using a Mac Book Pro purchased in April of 07. The Apple store can't help me because it's not their software. They checked that a dvd can be copied in Disk Utility. I'm kinda at a loss because of how successful it was just last week.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
You are probably trying to rip a recent dvd like Wall-E or Prince Caspian. The movie companies have been introducing new protection schemes to fool some of the old ripping software. One of the tell tale signs is when the disk space for the dvd shows as 58 GB in the finder. Also, I am guessing that your Mac the Ripper is pretty old, from 2005 or so? I think to get a recent copy you have to jump through hoops on the Mac the Ripper forum site. Anyways, if you have trouble ripping a dvd, google the title of the dvd along with terms like "cannot rip" and see if it comes up in any online discussions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.