Mac the Ripper

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chuchichan2524, Jun 17, 2005.

1. chuchichan2524 macrumors regular

I know that I cannot play region 2 DVDs on my Mac without switched the drive. My question is whether Mac the Ripper has some sort of setting that will allow it to recognize Region 2 DVDs. I know the player won't play them unless I switch, but can Mac the Ripper rip them? If Mac the Ripper can't do this, is there another software that can?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i think Handbrake has something like this but remember it's for personal viewing only and not funny business - macupdate has handbrake so take a look

3. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I never change regions, but I do use MTR. I believe if MTR detects a region code, it allows you to pick which region you want to rip to. I have no way of trying it, but it would seem easier for you the just try it than ask the question, since MTR is free.

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

If MacTheRipper is like DVD Shrink! for Windows (as it does exactly the same thing) it will prompt for you to select a region and won't change the drive. But you need to be 100% sure or else the project is ruined and when you try and mount it it will change the region.