Mac the ripper.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xwingsct, Aug 16, 2006.

1. xwingsct macrumors member

I keep getting bad sector on several disc that I ripped with Mac the ripper. I ripped the same disc on my PC with DVD decrypter and have no problem with it. I reall believe it's the software problem and I have the latest software installed on mac. What any other freeware for mac out there that is similiar to Mac the ripper?
    Thanks

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Some of the newer DVDs have intentionally put bad sectors that DVD players will skip and computers will choke on. For what it's worth I never had any problem playing the ripped files, even with sector errors.

3. xwingsct thread starter macrumors member

I kind of ignore the message, but when I try to burn it with toast 7 it gave me an error saying that it failed re-encoding or something like that.

4. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I decrypt it with with mactheripper 3.0 and then I encode it with DVD2ONEX. I have never failed into copying a DVD that way, except if the disk is really scratched.

5. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure that there is any other freeware out there like MacTheRipper.

I had the bad sector problem backing up a couple of my DVDs a while ago using MacTheRipper 2.6.6 but the MacTheRipper 3 sorted it out.

6. xwingsct thread starter macrumors member

I will have to download Version 3 then. I thought I had the latest version already. That's the only version I found when search. Could someone post the link.
    Thanks

7. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I was having similar issues but there were lots and lots of bad sectors. I needed to buy a DVD burner since I only had a DVD reader. Since swapping DVD drives, I've never had any bad sectors. Perhaps my reader was old and slow.