mac the ripper????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMatt89, Dec 3, 2006.

1. iMatt89 macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2006

i downloaded mac the ripper to copy my dvd's, what program can i use to then get it back onto a blank dvd??????

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    Finder should be able to do it, if your Mac has dual layer burning, if not try Toast, or FFMPEGX (which is cheaper).

If you want them playable on your computer then use Handbrake

EDIT Eidorian's suggestions are better.
  3. aholden12592 macrumors regular

Oct 16, 2006
    "If you want them playable on your computer then use Handbrake"

you can play mactheripper's content through dvd player
  4. epochblue macrumors 68000

Aug 12, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    If the image is larger than a single-layer disc, you'll want something like Popcorn to DVD2OneX to shrink it down to fit on a single-layer disc.

I've never used Popcorn, but I find DVD2OneX to be very fast and of high quality. I think it's $30 for a license.

I know this program is seen different ways by nearly everyone, but Disco will also burn VIDEO_TS files.

Links: for DVD2OneX for Disco
  5. bozigle macrumors regular

6. hayduke macrumors 65816

Mar 8, 2005
    is a state of mind.
    Simply Burns...

I've been using

Very simple...indeed.
  7. Isaacsheff macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2007
    "Bad Sectors" problem with MTR

I have several new DVDs (Pirates 2, Narnia) that all have the same "problem." MTR says they have "bad sectors" and although I have not tried burning them yet, when I play the video TS folders in VLC, they stop playing at the beginning of the main movie. If I start five seconds in, they play fine. How do I fix this?
  8. spork183 macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2006
    Two things to be aware of/try:
    Accros protection-even using MTR with it, you may still get error messages, but they often DO NOT preclude you burning a successful disk.

The other thing to try is a Roxio (assuming you use Toast) suggestion that instead of clicking burn, you click "Save as Disk Image". I don't know why, (and it takes a hell of a lot longer), but that often gives you an image that then burns without problems.

I'm sure you've already experimented with just extracting the main feature, etc.
  9. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I just replied to this here:

Please just post in one place, pal.

Good luck!

- Doc