Mac Tiger Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greenguy4, Apr 11, 2005.

1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

I saw amazon.com was selling this and I was wondering--is that the full version or just the upgrade from Panther?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

With OSX there is no difference. All boxed copies can be used to upgrade or do a full install.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's kind of a pre-release. Tiger's retail availability has not officially been announced. But in the past, Apple has not had differential pricing for upgrades and "full install" versions of OS X. If your computer allows you to do an upgrade install, by virtue of a sufficiently recent version of OS X, you can, otherwise it makes you do a full install. It wouldn't make sense, anyway. Who is out there buying Tiger who doesn't have a previous OS version to upgrade from? PearPC users? ;)

4. auxplage macrumors 6502

I wish Apple would make Tiger $99 instead of the $129 and $149 instead of the $199. I would like these prices much better, and they look better for marketing purposes. If one has bought a Mac with 10.1, then they upgrade to 10.2, 10.3 and now 10.4 that is $390 which is a good deal of money. I am not going to gripe, however, since I love Mac OS X and would pay more than $129 for Tiger.
    Almost all are upgrading, so there would be no brand no difference.

5. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

In europe we have to pay 149 Euro :eek: :eek: