Mac to PC KVM switch

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by indigoflowAS, Feb 9, 2006.

1. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

I have a 17in LCD and a keyboard I use for both my PC and Mac...seeing as i have to run to the back of my PC and unplug everytime i wanna do this, it gets frustrating. Are there KVM switch suggestions that should have no issue going from a PC to a Mac?

I notice that many KVM switches are PS/2 for the keyboard/mouse connections (I connect via PS/2 while using them on the PC, I could use the USB instead if need-be), but remove the adapter when on my PowerBook.

the ability to share speakers would also be a plus.

2. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

:confused:

??

Are you enquiring about one?? I am interested in getting one as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

aussie_geek

3. indigoflowAS thread starter macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Sorry, pressed enter too quick....fixed it!:D

4. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems with this (F1DL102U) belkin kvm that I am using between a mac mini and a windows machine. I have keyboards and mice hooked up to each machine directly and use the kvm to just switch the monitor and audio. But I've also had it hooked up to switch the keyboard and mice as well.

Most other two port kvms use a keyboard hotkey to switch computers. The problem is that they typically use the scroll lock key which does not exist on mac keyboards. Thus you are forced to use a pc keyboard.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

There are many KVM switches that'll work with both Macs and PCs... for example, check out Dr. Bott's web site (www.drbott.com). Obviously, what you're looking for is a USB switch with video capability (either VGA or DVI). For the audio, just get a joiner cable from RadioShack and you can connect two computers to one set of speakers... no need for a complicated switch of any sort.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine