"Mac to School" rebate question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chupa Chupa, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

For those of you who mailed in your rebate info, how long after did it take Apple to update the info to reflect receipt on the web site?

UPDATE 9/12/06:

My rebate request was technially rec'd by Apple on 8/17 (date postmarked on the return rec't). It was only yesterday that Apple finally posted my submission as rec'd and processing though. So for everyone still worrying, it looks like it takes a good 3-4 weeks from the time Apple rec'd your rebate request for them to actually look at it and scan it into they system.

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Mine is two weeks old as of tomorrow and has yet to show up in the system. Yours isn't there either, I'm assuming?

3. ma2fish macrumors newbie

I received my MacBook on June 29th and submitted my "Major in Mac (Back to School) 2006" form online immediately. I received confirmation on July 1st. I had the check from Apple about 30 days after that.

Hope that helps.

4. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

it took about 20 days for apple to send out a check after receiving my rebate submission.

5. iamspartacus macrumors newbie

mine came in less than a month. pretty fast IMO

6. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I sent my rebate in over a week ago and Apple does not show that they have received it.

7. JMies419 macrumors 6502

What is the mac to school rebate? I am going to be buying a mac and when I go to www.store.apple.com I just go into the education store and the prices are different. Is there another rebate for students that I am not aware of :confused: ?? Thanks!

8. ibidiem macrumors member

I was wondering, myself, if the rebate form & serial number got lost in the mail. been almost three weeks since I sent it in.

called 'em yesturday and the girl said it'd be a bit longer, so check back later.

this thread aleviates my doubts, though.

9. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

Hmm... i sent mine in almost three weeks ago, and the rebate status website still says that it has not been received yet. I'm starting to wish that I'd sent it registered post...

10. admanimal macrumors 68040

I also sent mine in two weeks ago, and the website still says it hasn't been received. Since there are so many of us whose mail should have reached Apple by now, I doubt that there is an actual problem with the mail. My guess is that they are getting swamped with forms since the deadline is approaching, and are very slow processing them.

11. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

still no dice for me, and I'm getting awfully close to four weeks...

12. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

new as of today, the response when entering rebate info in Apple's rebate status page:

"We have received your web submission, but have not yet received the original UPCs for all qualifying products or a copy of your dated and itemized receipt. Please mail these items along with a copy of your Rebate Submission Completion Form to the address on the form.
    Due to the overwhelming response to this promotion we are experiencing delays in processing claims and therefore, your claim status may not be available. Rest assured that all claims will be processed in a timely manner. Claims may take 6 to 8 weeks to be processed from the time that we receive them in the mail.

If more than eight weeks has elapsed since you mailed your claim, please call: (888) 825-3054.

Thank you for using automated query.
    Regards,
    Apple Promotions"

Well, at least they're honest. But it also means an 8-week wait to see if they ever received anything in the first place!

13. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

Any updates? My gf has been waiting 3 weeks and is getting worried.

-Matt

14. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I think it took 4 - 5 weeks for the status on their website to change... and it basically changed from "not receiving my info" to "check in the mail"

15. skipsandwichdx macrumors regular

Got two letters (for Perfect Companion and Major in Mac) today saying I was missing a UPC. Apparently I forgot to include the Macbook UPC, but the letter didn't specify. Make sure you call if you get a vague letter.

16. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

How do I check on my rebate? Its been about a month since I mailed it and I've heard nothing.

17. phuong macrumors 6502a

i've always thought there's a site to check our rebate status, but never bothered to find out where/what it is lol

18. strieck macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/promo/rebate/status.html

I submitted my claims ("Major in Mac" and "Perfect Companion") online and sent the UPC labels in around Sept 15. My rebate checks were mailed on Oct 18 and 19.

19. hana macrumors regular

Well, they lost my submission also. I had submitted it online, and they sent me a letter by US MAIL :eek: (like, they didn't have my e-mail adddress!!!) about a month later to advise me that they hadn't received my original UPCs. Fortunately I had made copies of everything and FAXED them everything. I think it took about 3 weeks after the fax for me to get the check. I used the website the check the status of the rebate after I faxed it.

20. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Thanks for the link. Looks like my check was just processed.

21. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

blah blah... sorry for pooping on this topic but it just pisses me off... My sister got a MacBook through her campus "iStore" and got the iPod, MacBook and Printer deal sent in everything but they wouldn't except the rebate because its not a printed recepit, but the store doesn't have printed recepts. They are just filled out forms saying how much youv'e spent. So she got screwed out of $270. She tried but all they had her do was play phone tag between the Apple and the iStore (BTW, not directly affiliated w/ Apple)

But to the point, it took about 6 weeks to the letter saying it was void.

22. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

She needed to buy it from an authorized edu reseller - basically, the campus store, if they have one and if it is 'authorized', or the online store. If the store she bought it from insinuated that she could get the rebate shopping there, then she should take the issue up with them.

I wasn't too clear on the whole receipt thing. I sent in copies of the emailed receipt. I couldn't see the point since I bought the damn things from apple - it's not like they don't know how much I paid and when!

23. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Oh no, they said they were authorized. They had the signs up and everything, telling people that they could get the rebate via them. None of her friends that went though them are complaining, im wondering if we just got a person with a stick up their a$$.