Mac TV

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by kiwifruit, Mar 4, 2007.

1. kiwifruit macrumors newbie

I picked this little guy up at a computer store's going out of business sale.
    http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0406ka6.jpg

Does anyone know if it is all that rare? There are websites that said it saw limited production. I don't know if it is worth flipping on ebay or just keeping around as a novelty.

2. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

yes these are rare. only 10,000 were made. i own one myself. they still bring anywhere from $150 and up on the used market

3. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

WOW real nice find.

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

There was a listing for one of these on Craigslist for $50. (In Escondido, CA)

Don't know if it is still there or if the seller is legit. I'd buy it and try to turn a fast buck off of it but I'm too busy with other stuff right now...:rolleyes: Plus I don't really need another Mac...:eek:

5. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

6. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety to Wikipedia

(Hint: If ever in doubt, apply a liberal dosage of "Google" until solved)

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Aside from the Lisa (and the uber-sexy PowerMac ... and maybe the blueberry iBooks), this is my favorite Apple machine. So prescient, yet so unassuming.

I remember when I met my first MacTV ... 2005, and still being used as a primary machine! Was supposed to install Word 5.1 (I think?) on it, but couldn't find floppies anywhere. Don't remember how we solved the problem ... just vaguely remember someone ftping something.

How can you not adore a machine so sleek (for its day), with an optical drive so ... detachable?

8. kiwifruit thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, now if people feel this way about the machine I guess I can't mistreat it. I'm kinda sad it is missing the black mouse. I do have the black keyboard...