Mac University.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Taft, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I was reading the Chicago Reader tonight, and I came across an ad for MacUniversity.com. The ad said, "We do Windows too." When I went to the site I was surprised to find they did training for both Macs and PCs with a heavy focus on Macs.

They even have a 6 day course on Mac OS X fundamentals. Only $250 (yikes!).

Just thought I'd share this.

Taft

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

interesting...

I've also seen the ads for Mac-Cruises....daily seminars and stuff aboard a cruiseship...

has anyone else heard of these or been on one by chance?

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: interesting...

A quick search brought this up. I actually was going to title this Geek Cruises, but they beat me to it!:D

http://www.geekcruises.com

MacMania is touted as a MacWorld at sea.....

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Geek Cruises

yup that's it!! these look like they could be somewhat interesting...but hella expensive if u ask me!

I guess the way I look at it...if I'm going to spend money on a cruise...it shouldn't be that much....and it honestly shouldn't be a computer controlled event for me...

damn I need a vacation... ;)

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Geek Cruises

It would be a huge distraction, especially if you were going to Alaska. I've not been on a cruise up there, but from having to go there for work, I've managed to do my share of travelling and sight seeing. A truly awesome place.

To have the distraction of the GeekCruise, well, if I was single, it would seen a little more appealing. But there is no way my wife would even be remotely interested, and I don't blame her. No, if you go cruising to Alaska, do it for the view, not for being on the ship.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

exactly...

I've been dumb enough to bring my TiBook & work with me a few times when going out of town...and I'll never do it again....just a bad...bad idea to mix work with pleasure in my book :rolleyes: