Mac Uru Petition!

Discussion in 'Games' started by rogueimage, May 8, 2003.

1. rogueimage macrumors member

I just posted a petition for a Mac version of Uru at PetitionOnline! All us Mac-heads who are dying to continue the Myst series online can make our voices heard at the following address:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/macosuru/petition.html

This petition is open to anyone, so Windows users who want to see their Mac friends playing Uru are welcome to sign as well.

I'm just one man, so please help spread the news of this petition, by email, on gaming forums, or otherwise. Remember to think before you post, though! Spamming forums where such a topic is not welcome will hurt our cause. We want Myth fans and Mac users to be cast in a positive light!

Thanks, and tell your friends! =)

2. phgreer macrumors regular

phgreer

You beat me to it! I hope this gets a lot of sigs today. I signed it last night and was going to post the message here.

3. rogueimage thread starter macrumors member

Heh, thanks

Thanks for the thought, phgreer! I'm sure you know some other communities that I don't, though, so you can have your first post glory ;)

Looks like spreading this could be a little harder than I thought. My post at Inside Mac Games was summarily deleted with the explanation, "Sorry. Posting petitions is not allowed." This surprised me since it was certainly on topic, and then made me worry that the same thing might happen here. Fortunately it hasn't (yet?)

4. phgreer macrumors regular

phgreer

I posted at spymac, thinksecret and macworld forums as well as Mystcommunity.com.

I can understand how some people might feel about petitions but I think they may be more of a news story beyond a typical petition considering Cyan's history with the Mac platform. Hopefully Ubisoft will get the message.