mac user groups

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jelloshotsrule, Jul 14, 2002.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yesterday i went to my first ever mac user group meeting (in frederick, md).

it was interesting. it was a small group of maybe 20 folks, most of whom are relatively older folks but who all "think young" and are excited by their macs...

i was wondering who here has experience with user groups and what kind of benefits they provide etc.

word up

2. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

no one's in any mac user groups here eh?

ah word.

3. sandsl macrumors member

I've just joined a mac user group in the UK which is just starting up, so we are busy doing a website and promo material at the moment.

It looks like its going to be quite good, just meeting new people who are into macs is great. Sometimes the group meetings might get a little boring, talks about managing extentions, using the net etc and stuff that you already know all there is too know about... But i'm sure you'll enjoy talking to real mac users and exchanging and sharing ideas/resources/ etc.... If you know alot about macs it might be worth getting involved in the running of the group and maybe doing the odd talk now and then...

As for actual benefits, other than sharing resources, you don't (as far as I know) get discounts or anything like that.

have you got any specific questions about mac user groups?

4. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

no, just checking with what people had experienced...

the one i went to was quite small, as i said, but the one nearby in DC is the biggest one in the country (maybe the world) so i'm sure it's a totally different atmosphere. as for benefits...

check out... http://www.applemugstore.com/

i guess you get a password from the head of whichever group you're in each month and that gets you access to the things... so that's cool

different groups cost different amounts to join though..