Mac User ISP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by *Y*, Jan 28, 2005.

1. *Y* macrumors regular

Hey Guys,
    Sorry, this is not really a software question but I didn't know where else to put it. I remember there was an dial-up. ISP specifically for mac users buy mac users. I think they had an orange in their logo and had it as part of their name. Does anyone know what the name of the ISP was. I can't seem to find anything on Google. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You can use any ISP.

The idea that only certain ISPs are suitable for Macs is pernicious nonsense.

If you're using dial-up, the only thing that should concern you are the call-charges and what kind of benefits you get: i.e. email addresses, webspace, speed & reliabilty of connection, etc.

3. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

No thats not what I meant. I just liked that ISP and wanted to see what they offer. But thanks. :)

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Here's a thread that you might find useful.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=51164

I think I know the one you mean, though... it was a MacBytes thread but I think the ISP in question was UK only. And quite pricy too...

I just see it as price-gouging of inexperiencedand/or unaware Mac users... you're best finding out who does the best deal, not worrying about who makes a big thing about Macs. It's extremely unlikely that they're running their server on a Mac anyway...