mac users and feeling the need to upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evanrousso, Sep 25, 2006.

1. evanrousso macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2006
    Ive been an avid mac user for, oh I dont know, a week now. But I have had an ipod for 4 years now. Every year it seems I buy a new one to keep up. I think apple has a little more to offer when an major update happens than other manufacturers. I am perfectly content with using something until it dies. But ever since I have been using my macbook I am always waiting for the next update (hell, im already thinking about getting an iMac for my desktop system).

I guess my question is this, do you guys find yourself updating your system more than a PC user would? Do you guys feel that Apple makes it worth your money to upgrade every 2 or so years? I see people running on PCs that are 5 years old but I never see people with outdated macs. When a new major model change comes out it seems that people will instantly jump on it
  2. zwida macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2001
    I know that it's hard NOT to upgrade as soon as possible, most Mac users I know keep their machines 3 years or so. I've been using Macs for 17 years and it's only in the last couple of years that I've been able to afford new machines when they really grab me. It used to be that I would just pine over the machines until I absolutely had to upgrade.

Of course, around these boards people may jump faster than the average consumer.